Buy Marijuana Seeds In Montana – The Seed Connect – Buy Marijuana Seeds In Montana The Treasure State is famous for its sprawling silver and gold mines, but is cannabis legal? Learn more about growing and buying marijuana seeds in Montana. Can you buy marijuana seeds in Montana? Find out the latest legalities and whether the climate in the Treasure State is best for indoor or outdoor yields.
Buy Marijuana Seeds In Montana
At The Seed Connect, you can buy cannabis seeds in Montana — the treasure state having rich deposits of gold, silver, lead and home to giant grizzly bears.
You can add one more thing to that list— legal cannabis.
Yes, in Montana, cannabis lovers can have their weed gardens as long as they grow the required number of plants as per the law.
You are not yet ready to cultivate if you don’t have the various facts about starting your weed garden.
This guide will show you the best seed strains, local laws, and how to grow your cannabis from seed.
Buy Marijuana Seeds In Montana
Purple African Magic Seeds
Extra Free Seeds
Black Mamba Feminized seeds
Seed Connect Stickers
Auto Chem Cookies Seeds
Auto Apple Banana Autoflower Seeds USA
Auto Northern Lights Seeds
Wedding Cake Auto Seeds
Is marijuana legal in Montana?
Yes, it is. A long-awaited moment arrived with the Montana 1-190 Marijuana Legalization Initiative (2020)
The Montana House of Representatives introduced House Bill 701, which was voted on and passed into law.
This bill led to the legalization of recreational marijuana in Montana, and it also reduced the restriction of marijuana laws that were already in place.
For you to stay on the right side of the law, you must know what can keep you there.
Read along the laws stated below.
Cannabis laws in Montana
Montana I-190, Marijuana Legalization Initiative summary;
Adult usage and possession
- Initiative 1-190 legalized the possession and use of one ounce or less of marijuana or 8 grams or less of marijuana concentrate by persons over the age of 21. The ballot initiative allowed persons over the age of 21 to grow no more than four marijuana plants and four seedlings for personal use in their residence, as long as the plants are within an enclosed area with a lock and beyond public view.
- Consuming marijuana or being under the influence of marijuana remained illegal while driving, flying an aircraft, or boating. Smoking marijuana is illegal in public places and open spaces.
- I-190 also provided that employers can prohibit marijuana use on the employer’s property and enforce disciplinary action on employees for violations.
- Montana residents are allowed to possess, use, and grow marijuana on January 1, 2021. The initiative’s resentencing and expungement provisions also took effect that day.
Marijuana regulation: Regulation of marijuana production and sales
The Montana Department of Revenue became responsible for regulating the cultivation, manufacture, transport, and sale of marijuana in Montana. I-190 required the department to develop regulations to do the following:
- establish and maintain a registry of persons who receive licenses;
- issue endorsements for manufacturing to an adult-use provider or an adult-use marijuana-infused products provider;
- conduct criminal history background checks before issuing licenses;
- make a licensing application available and begin accepting them by January 1, 2022;
- publish the names of all license holders and the relevant local jurisdiction on the department’s website;
- ensure that all marijuana products are not sold to any person under the age of 21, excluding those with medical marijuana licenses;
- require a government-issued ID to purchase marijuana and require stores to check the ID for proof of age;
- require marijuana must be placed in child-resistant packaging on exit from a marijuana establishment;
- prohibit licensed retailers from advertising marijuana in any medium;
- prohibit marijuana establishments from using false or misleading packages or labels;
- require “labeling standards that protect public health by requiring the listing of pharmacologically active ingredients;” and
- enforce potency and quality standards for marijuana products.
Marijuana licenses and establishments: Licenses for marijuana establishments
- Under I-190, the Montana Department of Revenue was authorized to issue licenses to marijuana dispensaries and marijuana providers.
- The licenses for marijuana providers and dispensaries were set to authorize the licensee to cultivate, manufacture, possess, sell, and transport marijuana.
- Marijuana providers needed to prove they are Montana residents, provide identification forms, be fingerprinted for a background check, provide the address of the cultivation site, and pay a fee to apply for a license.
- The department was set to issue licenses according to a 10-tiered system based on the size of the premises. The department would be authorized to add tiers.
- Providers needed to verify that they are producing and selling the minimum amount according to the size of their premises before moving up a tier.
- All licenses needed to be laminated and indicate whether a provider is also a manufacturer.
- The department would begin accepting licensing applications by January 1, 2022. Applications would need to be approved within 90 days for new licenses and within 30 for renewed licenses.
- If the department does not act within that timeline, it must reduce the licensing fee and allow the renewing licensee to continue to operate until the application is acted on. Before approving an application, the department would need to complete an inspection of the applicant’s premises.
- For the first 12 months of accepting applications, the department was set to authorize to license providers and dispensaries in good standing with the department of public health and human services that already are licensed to sell medical marijuana.
- Licenses would need to renew their licenses annually.
- The state laboratory became responsible for licensing testing facilities where the chemicals of marijuana and marijuana-infused products would be tested for contamination before the products could be sold.
- Licensed test facilities would be permitted to possess, test, and transport marijuana.
Marijuana taxation: Taxes levied on marijuana
Marijuana and marijuana-infused product sales would be taxed at 20% of the retail price. The tax would be separate from any additional state and local sales taxes that may apply to the sale. Marijuana tax revenue was set to be allocated into the newly created marijuana compensation state special revenue account that would deposit revenue funds to; wildlife, parks, and recreation, drug addiction treatment, services and assistance for all Montana veterans, local authorities regulating marijuana, a wage increase to health care workers who provide direct service.
Legal penalties: Penalties for violating the initiative’s provisions
The following are the legal penalties for violating the initiative’s provisions:
Cultivation of marijuana for personal use within a public view or outside a locked enclosed area
• Violation: Civil fine not exceeding $250 and forfeiture of the marijuana
Smoking marijuana in a public place
• Violation: Civil fine not exceeding $50
For persons under the age of 21, possession, use, transportation, or sharing of 1 ounce or less of marijuana
• Violation option 1: Civil fine not to exceed $100
• Violation option 2: Up to 4 hours of drug education or counseling
For persons over the age of 21, possession and delivery of more than one ounce but less than two ounces of marijuana in a concentrated form
• First violation: Civil fine not exceeding $200 or completing up to 4 hours of community service
• Second or subsequent violation: Civil fine not exceeding $300 or completing up to 6 hours of community service
• Third or subsequent violations: Civil fine not exceeding $500 or completing up to 8 hours of community service
Resentencing and expungement: Resentencing and expungement of certain marijuana-related crimes
Growing your own weed is a rewarding hobby, but there are two crucial things to consider before you plant any marijuana seeds in Montana: the weed laws and the weather conditions.
Having a broad understanding of cannabis legislation prevents you from getting in trouble with the law, while in-depth climate knowledge allows you to grow the best weed plants possible.
Keep reading to learn about the cannabis laws, how to choose between indoor and outdoor cultivation, which weed strains to grow, and where to buy high-quality marijuana seeds in Montana.
Is it legal to buy and grow marijuana seeds in Montana?
The cannabis legislation varies from state to state, so it’s essential to know what the law says about buying and growing marijuana seeds in Montana.
Is weed legal in Montana? Yes, it is—but different cannabis laws apply to medical and recreational users. Let’s look at the history of marijuana in Montana.
The Treasure State banned cannabis in 1929. The first sign of change came in 2004 when 62% of residents voted for medical marijuana for people with debilitating conditions.
Some lawmakers weren’t on board with these new laws, so they introduced the restrictive Montana Marijuana Act, prohibiting things like growing medical marijuana seeds in Montana. Attempts were made to repeal the medical marijuana laws entirely in 2011, but Gov. Brian Schweiter was against it.
Opposing views continued to shake the senate until 2016, when the Montana Supreme Court officially approved the medical cannabis legislation. This decision led to the Montana Medical Marijuana Initiative, a bill that eased restrictions, approved more medical conditions and allowed licensed patients to grow marijuana seeds in Montana.
In November 2020, the state passed the Marijuana Legalization and Tax Initiative, which officially entered into law in January 2021. This legislation legalizes recreational cannabis, allowing the possession and consumption of a maximum of one ounce of marijuana and eight grams of cannabis concentrate for anyone over 21. Keep in mind that these are private possession and consumption limits. Public use remains illegal for medical and recreational consumers.
The law also announced recreational sales for January 2022, a 20% sales tax, and possible expungement for marijuana-related offenses.
Can you cultivate cannabis in The Treasure State? Yes, all adults can grow weed from marijuana seeds in Montana. The law allows a maximum of two mature plants and two seedlings for every recreational user.
During the medical marijuana application process, you need to select a licensed provider to buy cannabis from or opt to grow your own supply. If you choose the latter, you have to stick to these maximum possession limits at all times:
- One ounce of dried weed
- Four mature marijuana plants
- 12 immature marijuana plants
- Any cannabis flower and concentrates from the above plants
If you choose to purchase cannabis from a provider, you need to remember that you can only buy a maximum of five ounces of marijuana a month and no more than one ounce per day.
Can you buy marijuana seeds in Montana? Yes, you can shop online or visit your local medical dispensary if you’re a registered patient. Adults can also possess unlimited amounts of ungerminated marijuana seeds, whether regular, autoflower, or feminized seeds.
Should you grow weed indoors or outdoors in Montana?
Before you start planting marijuana seeds in Montana, you have to make the choice between indoor and outdoor cultivation. Let’s take a brief look at the pros and cons of each option.
If you decide to grow your cannabis crops indoors, you’ll have a lot more control over every factor of your setup. You can tweak the temperature, water, humidity, nutrient intake, and light schedule to perfection. Indoor cultivation also removes the risk of pests and keeps your plants safe from external forces.
One of the biggest deterrents to indoor cultivation is the cost. If you’re a first-time grower, you might not want to splash out on dozens of items for a setup you don’t fully understand yet. Luckily, you can grow your marijuana seeds in Montana outside and also get excellent results.
Outdoor cultivation puts your plants at the mercy of Mother Nature, but proper care and maintenance can generate sky-high yields of premium buds. Grow feminized or autoflower seeds from strains with genetic resistance to pests for optimal results.
In Montana, marijuana seeds can be grown indoors or outside. If you opt for the latter, make sure you start in the correct season and choose the best-suited strains for this climate.
Due to the Continental Divide, Montana often experiences contrasting climates. The west side is typically milder with lighter winds, cooler summers, and warmer winters. The east is less humid but has frequent warm winds that break up the freezing winters.
Peak temperatures around 85℉ usually hit in July, while January has the coldest weather with an average of 0℉. Planting marijuana seeds in Montana outdoors from November to March isn’t recommended, as this is when the state sees its heaviest snowfall.
For the best results, germinate your weed seeds around April. Prepare to plant them outside by the end of June. In Montana, marijuana seeds’ crops are usually ready for harvest from late September to early October.
Here are some excellent tips to help you produce top-of-the-line outdoor cannabis plants:
- Plant your weed seeds in the right-sized pots for easy relocation at night or when the weather conditions are unfavorable.
- Make sure your marijuana crops have plenty of access to the sun and that there are no obstructions.
- Use a tarp or a plastic cloche to shield your plants from rain, wind, and pests.
- Grow your crops in raised beds for extra heat retention.
- Choose cannabis strains that are suited to outdoor cultivation and have a high resistance to disease and pests.
If you decide to cultivate marijuana seeds in Montana inside, follow these top grower tips:
- Install top-quality HID lights at the appropriate distance.
- Use an organic and nutrient-rich growing medium, like soil or hydroponics.
- Maintain a temperature around 70–78℉ through the vegetative stage and decrease it to 68℉ when your weed plants start to flower.
- Keep up with regular trims and remove unessential foliage for optimal airflow and light penetration to the lower leaves.
- Use training techniques like the Screen of Green or Sea of Green to increase yields and create more consistent plants.
Best strains to grow in Montana
Before you buy a batch of marijuana seeds in Montana, you need to make sure you’re choosing the best strains for The Treasure State’s climate.
Regions in the Pacific Northwest typically experience more moisture and colder weather. As such, it’s important to select strains that can perform well in cooler and wetter climates.
Since the law sets specific plant limits, many breeders opt for faster-growing strains, like indicas, that promise more frequent harvests. The shorter time also allows outdoor growers to collect their buds before the freezing weather hits.
Let’s find out which marijuana seeds in Montana are the go-to for cannabis growers.
If you’re on the hunt for a resilient and beginner-friendly option, you’ll love White Widow feminized seeds. This award-winning cultivar offers an intense yet balanced buzz of uplifting sativa effects paired with relaxing indica ones.
White Widow feminized plants typically deliver 15 oz./m² indoors and around 24 oz. per outdoor plant after 8–9 weeks from germination. When growing these marijuana seeds in Montana outdoors, choose a location with ample sunlight and plenty of space. These crops can get tall and typically emit a potent aroma, so keep them far away from nosy neighbors.
Another easy-to-grow option includes Northern Lights feminized seeds. This popular cultivar produces short plants that are pest and mold-resistant. For optimal airflow and light penetration to the lower leaves, keep up with regular trims and remove unessential foliage.
Northern Lights feminized plants flourish in various climates and deliver huge harvests. By growing these marijuana seeds in Montana in your garden, you can collect up to 31 oz. per plant, while an indoor grow can reward you with up to 17 oz./m² around 6–8 weeks from germination.
Where to buy marijuana seeds in Montana
Now that you’re an expert on growing weed, it’s time to get your supply of cannabis seeds and cultivate a gorgeous ganja garden.
Where can you get marijuana seeds in Montana? If you’re a registered medical cannabis patient, you might be able to purchase some weed seeds from your local dispensary. If you can’t find your favorite strain, you can hop online and check out the selection at a seed bank.
Recreational sales haven’t launched yet, so those who want to grow marijuana for personal use will need to buy weed seeds from an online seed bank until January 2022.
What are you waiting for? Buy your pack of premium marijuana seeds from i49 and start growing the best weed in Montana. Have fun, and remember to stick to your local cannabis laws.
Outdoor Grow Calendar Our marijuana growing calendar will take you through every step of the grow cycle, depending on the region you are growing in North America.
Buy Cannabis Seeds in Montana
What are the legalities surrounding Montana marijuana seeds? The legislation surrounding cannabis use in the US is changing on a daily basis. With more and more states legalizing marijuana, it’s essential to stay on top of things.
With many states making leaps and bounds in fully legalizing marijuana, users hope that America will soon allow weed across the board.
Marijuana seeds in Montana and recreational weed use have recently been added to the constitution. It doesn’t mean you’re free to light up when and where you want, though.
We’ll guide you through all the ins and outs of ganja consumption, possession, and propagation to keep you on the right side of the law.
Let’s jump right in.
Is it Legal to Buy and Grow Cannabis Seeds in Montana?
Is weed legal in Montana? In January 2021, Initiative 190 was approved by voters, legalizing the recreational use and growing of Montana marijuana seeds.
Sales are yet to begin, but the future is bright for weed lovers in the Big Sky Country, with dispensaries expected to open by 2022.
Under the current legislation, up to one ounce is acceptable for both use and possession in the Treasure State, with penalties for those caught with more ganja than the allowable limits. Below are the current laws surrounding cannabis possession in this north-western state.
|less than 1oz.||None||None||None|
|1–2oz. (first offense)||Civil infraction||$200||None|
|1–2oz. (second offense)||Civil infraction||$300||None|
|More than 2oz.||Felony||$45,000||5years|
Can you buy marijuana seeds in Montana? The best way to get hold of weed for casual use at the moment is to buy feminized seeds online and produce your own buds. You’ll stay one step ahead of the rest and ensure yourself a steady supply of your favorite smoke.
The state laws allow medicinal users to grow weed at home. You’ll be able to cultivate up to eight plants per household, with four mature and four seedlings at a time if you possess a permit.
On the other hand, recreational smokers may grow four plants at home with two mature and two seedlings.
If you’re found to have cultivated more plants than specified above, you’ll be subject to up to a $50,000 fine and ten years behind bars.
Is it Better to Grow Indoors or Outdoors ?
In Montana, marijuana seeds grown both indoors and outdoors have their benefits depending on where you live and what results you’re expecting. It’s essential to weigh up the pros and cons before deciding on where to plant your seeds.
You may want to consider the following before starting your growing journey.
- What is my intention, and does my budget allow it? Grow tents and greenhouses are pricey, and not everyone can afford them. If you’re planning on growing long-term and would like to produce the best possible products, it may be a worthy investment to build an inside setup.
- What strain do I want to cultivate? If you have your heart set on a specific strain, you may want to consider propagating it inside to ensure you can create the best conditions possible for it to flourish. If you don’t mind which variant you farm with and would prefer to plant outside, you can choose a hardy cultivar to suit the climate in your area.
- What are the state laws? Many states require cultivators to keep their plants locked up, out of the public eye. In this case, it’s often wiser to grow in your house where you can be sure your babies are hidden from nosey onlookers.
A favorable climate in Montana means you’re free to grow your high THC seeds both indoors and outdoors without much hassle.
The weather varies in the state depending on which part of the state you live in, but overall, hot, dry summers, mild winters, and light rainfall are to be expected.
By germinating your Montana marijuana seeds in June, you’ll be exposing your crops to moderate temperatures and mild precipitation, which are ideal for them to thrive. You can expect to harvest by October, just in time for the cold winter months to set in.
Freezing winters with snowfall are what you need to watch out for in the Treasure State. Garden plants will need protection during these times, and you may be motivated to instead grow your shrubs indoors to steer clear of losing them.
Best strains to grow in Montana
Although growing marijuana seeds in Montana outdoors is tricky, weather-resistant strains will still fare well despite the winter dilemma with some protection. Below are some of the best garden variants.
. These tall, easy-to-grow, sativa leaning plants are a fantastic choice to start your weed garden. This variant adapts well to harsh weather conditions and is highly mold-resistant, making it an excellent outdoor strain.
If growing in the comfort of your home has appealed to your inner farmer, there are some brilliant strains that are bound to produce high-quality buds with yields that’ll knock your socks off. Let’s take a look at some of the most sought-after indoor marijuana seeds in Montana.
. A dank, spicy strain ripe for the picking will have your mouth watering in no time with its combination of popular scents. Diesel is the ultimate beginner’s strain. This variant is easy to look after and produces excellent yields.
Where to Buy Cannabis Seeds in Montana
Where can you get marijuana seeds in Montana? Weed sales for recreational use have not yet begun in the BigSky Country. The only way you can buy cannabis, for the time being, is from a registered medicinal dispensary with a marijuana card.
If you’re looking to buy weed seeds, you can find high-quality strains from the Homegrown Cannabis Co online dispensary. We’ll deliver right to your doorstep. All you need to do is browse through our extensive categories, place your order, and let us take care of the rest.